4800 Auburn-Knightdale Road, Garner Vicinity
National Register of Historic Places
This remarkably intact Queen Anne cross-gabled frame dwelling built in 1911 by Wayland E. Poole has a wraparound porch with turned posts, corbelled brick chimneys, decorative screen doors and diamond shaped vents. According to family tradition, Poole hand picked all the lumber for the house from his sawmill in Auburn. The building is currently used for commercial purposes.