Date: c. 1886
12244 Old Stage Road, Willow Spring Vicinity
Easement Acquired 1/31/2005
National Register of Historic Places
In 1886 William A. Myatt provided 211 of land for his daughter Amelia and her new husband, Turner Smith, on which to build a dwelling. Like his brother Frank, Turner Smith worked as a millwright at Myatt’s Mill. The dwelling features a center hall plan with a prominent rear shed which makes the first floor two rooms deep. The cornices of the roof and the porch are embellished with large brackets. Other notable characteristics include circular gable vents, molded cornerboards, four-over-four windows, and a front entrance surrounded by narrow sidelights and a transom. The house’s decoration displays overall modest Italianate features. Scott Burns and Kenneth Foreman purchased this house in early 2005 and subsequently donated an easement to CAP. The property is currently being rehabilitated under the terms of a rehabilitation agreement with CAP.