3424 Avent Ferry Road, New Hill Vicinity
National Register of Historic Places
The Holleman House is a substantial, two-and-a-half-story, Queen Anne-Colonial Revival transition house. Its outbuildings include a wellhouse, pumphouse, engine house, smokehouse, and wash house, all built in 1913. The Holleman House exhibits excellent architectural integrity, retaining all of its original materials and detailing on the exterior and a great portion of notable interior finishes–particularly the beaded board walls and ceilings and several mantel designs. Samuel Bartley Holleman (b.1861-d.1927) built this house in 1913 at Enno, a crossroads community in Holly Springs Township that had been known in the mid-nineteenth-century as Collins Crossroads. Holleman was a prominent Enno businessman, where he ran a store, cotton gin, sawmill, and planer at the turn of the twentieth century. The house has passed through the Holleman, Bright, and Ragan families, and the current owner bought the house in 1991.