Date: c. 1840, c. 1900
15328 Creedmoor Road, Creedmoor vicinity
*Destroyed by fire 10/26/2015
The Robertson-O’Briant Farm played a vital role in the founding and growth of the Sandy Plain community. The original Federal-Greek Revival hall and parlor house typifies the modest homes of subsistence farmers in early Wake County. The large and fashionable Victorian addition reflects the area’s subsequent prosperity due to tobacco cultivation. The structure retains substantial integrity, and together with the contributing outbuildings, structures and sites, serves as an important example of a late nineteenth century farm in rural Wake County.
*The Robertson-O’Briant Farm was destroyed by fire on October 26, 2015