1900 Amethyst Ridge Road, Knightdale Vicinity
National Register of Historic Places
Midway Plantation was constructed in 1848 by Charles Lewis Hinton as wedding gift to his son, Major David Hinton, and his wife, Mary Bodie Carr. The house was named Midway for its location halfway between the two other surviving Hinton family Plantations, Beaver Dam and The Oaks. The handsome Greek Revival main house stands two stories tall and has many fine Greek Revival decorative features throughout, including Doric fluted porch columns, a second story balustrade, interior decorative cornices, paneled wainscot, paneled doors, and decorative window trim. The house retains much of its original material, including its wood siding and six-over-six wood sash windows. The house was originally located on U.S. Highway 64 in Knightdale, but had to be moved in 2005 to be saved from commercial development. In now sits on a secluded ten acres near Knightdale.