Date: c. 1929
707 Holland Road, Fuquay-Varina
The Lewis-Mitchell House, on its 4.15-acre site, is architecturally significant as one of a group of prominent Colonial Revival-style dwellings built by A. Y. Hairr in Fuquay Springs in the 1920s and 1930s. Although the Lewis-Mitchell House has several alterations, it retains integrity of design, setting, workmanship, materials, feeling, and association. Since 1935, the house has been associated with the Mitchell family.