Date: c. 1800
1269 S. Main Street, Wake Forest
Easement Acquired 8/14/2014
Forestville National Register Historic District
While the exact construction date is unknown, investigation and material evidence suggest a late eighteenth century to early nineteenth-century structure that was likely moved here from another location sometime in the ninteeth century.
The house is a hall and parlor plan was restored with care by its current owners. Some of its original features were lost in years past through alterations to the house, but great care was taken to replace the lost elements with correct materials using period tools where possible. Original to the house is a beautiful ‘sunburst’ Federal mantel and wainscot in the front parlor, some window sashes with antique glass, and exposed beams on the second floor.
The exterior of the home is covered in bead-molded pine and cypress, much of which is original, with other boards replaced “in-kind.” The stone and brick chimneys flanking each end are modern replacements that followed the form of the originals and included as much of the original stones in the process. The front pediment porch is also a replacement based on the “ghost-marks” that revealed the earlier porch to which the new one was built to match