Date: c. 1914
215 E. Chatham Road, Apex
Apex National Register Historic District
The Harward House is locally significant as one of the few preserved two-story, Queen-Anne vernacular houses in Apex. The house reflects the economic prosperity of the Town after the turn of the twentieth-century, as well as popular architectural trends that effected the built environment of small towns. With a connection to W. H. Harward, a local businessman and community leader, the property maintains a link to Apex’s social, commercial and economic development before, during and after its incorporation.