602 N. Ennis Street, Fuquay-Varina
The Fuquay-Varina Woman’s Club is the oldest civic organization in Fuquay-Varina, and has played a significant role in the development of civic and cultural life of Fuquay-Varina since its founding in 1926 as the Varina Woman’s Club. According to oral tradition, the group first met at the home of Mrs. Bessie Hopson before renting a room in the Judd Building at the intersection of Ransdell Road and Broad Street. On November 23, 1936, a residential lot was deeded by Dr. J. M. Judd and wife Amorette (a charter member) specifically “for the purpose of constructing thereon the Varina Woman’s Club building”. This deed conveyed ownership to President Annie S. Tilley and her successors in office in exchange for a consideration of $1.00. Constructed in 1937, the Fuquay-Varina Woman’s Club Clubhouse sits at the northeast corner of the intersection of North Ennis and Faucette Streets in Fuquay-Varina, Wake County, North Carolina. The Woman’s Club Clubhouse is a one-story, side gable, frame building sheathed in plain weatherboards painted white.