1933 Morrisville-Carpenter Road, Cary
Carpenter National Register Historic District
Built in 1885 by William Henry Carpenter, the Carpenter Farm Supply Company Complex provides a glimpse into the agricultural communities and economy that existed in rural Wake County in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. The 1916 brick store building is architecturally notable as the only rural brick store building in Wake County. That type was common in towns, but unknown at rural crossroads like Carpenter.